Watford will host Manchester City at Vicarage Road Stadium in Premier League on Tuesday. Manchester City are currently placed on second position with 75 points in 36 matches whereas Watford are currently placed on 17th position with 34 points in same number of matches.
1-3 defeat against fellow relegation candidates i.e West Ham United at London Stadium have increased Watford’s chances for relegation zone. They are now just three points ahead of 18th ranked Aston Villa and 19th ranked Bournemouth with just two games to play.
With just three points lead from Aston Villa and Bournemouth doesn’t sound optimistic for the Hornets, keeping in mind the fact that their remaining two games are against sides like Manchester City and Arsenal. A win for either Aston Villa or Bournemouth in this final week of top flight action could close the door for Hornets.
With Watford not given much importance ahead of this game, their opponents, Manchester City too enter in this game in a fragile mode. They were recently knocked out of FA Cup semi-finals by Arsenal. Citizens have now lost three of their ten 10 games since the restart which is a sign of their declining form. Manchester City have successfully failed to save their Premier League title and FA Cup title as well.
Manchester City have nothing to play for in Premier League with runner up spot already fixed and title already gone. But still Pep Guardiola will try to boost his team’s confidence ahead of Champions league action which is starting next month.
What will increase tension in City’s camp is their away form. They have conceded in 16 of their last 22 competitive games that they have played away from their home, and in Premier League, City have kept clean sheet in just one game out of their last four road trips.
Venue – Vicarage Road Stadium
Date – 21 July 2020
Timings – 10:30 PM ( IST )
League – Premier League ( Round 37 )
Referee – Michael Oliver
Where To Watch
Star Sports 1
Watford Vs Manchester City Head To Head Record ( In Last 12 Matches )
In last 12 matches that have been played between these two sides, Manchester City have won all of them.
Recent Form Of Both Teams ( In Last 5 Matches )
Watford – L L W W L
Manchester City – L W W W L
– Daryl Janmaat is expected to recover from knee injury by late August 2020.
– Étienne Capoue is a doubtful for this match due to knock.
– Gerard Deulofeu is sidelined till late August 2020 due to cruciate ligament injury.
– Isaac Success will remain out of field till late July 2020 as he has not yet recovered from calf injury.
– Claudio Bravo is expected to recover from muscle injury by late July 2020.
– Sergio Agüero will remain out of action till late August 2020 as he has not yet recovered from knee injury.
– Zackary Thomas Steffen is expected to recover from ligament injury by late July 2020.
Probable Lineup For Watford
( 4-2-3-1 )
Ben Foster ; Adrian Mariappa, Christian Kabasele, Craig Dawson, Kiko ; Will Hughes, Nathaniel Chalobah ; Ismaila Sarr, Abdoulaye Doucouré, Danny Welbeck ; Troy Deeney.
Probable Lineup For Manchester City
( 4-3-3 )
Ederson Moraes ; Oleksandr Zinchenko, Nicolas Otamendi, John Stones, Joao Cancelo ; Ilkay Gündogan, Rodri, Kevin de Bruyne ; Phil Foden, Gabriel Jesus, Riyad Mahrez.
Watford Vs Manchester City Key Players For Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction In Small League
1. Kevin de Bruyne – 29 years old Belgian central mid-fielder has played 33 league games for City season where he scored 11 goals and assisted 18 times.
2. Troy Deeney – 32 years old English striker has featured in 25 league matches for the Hornets. He has scored 9 goals and assisted twice, although his last few goals have come up through penalties.
3. Riyad Mahrez – 29 years old winger has played 31 Premier League games this season where he ended up scoring 10 goals and assisted 9 times.
4. Gabriel Jesus – In the absence of Sergio Agüero, 23 years old Brazilian centre forward will be keen to prove his worth for Citizens. In 32 league matches he has scored 13 goals and assisted 7 times. City have won their last 30 league games when Jesus has found the net.
Who Should Be Captain In Watford Vs Manchester City Dream11 Today?
Choosing right captain is always a cause of concern for Dream11 fantasy players. But don’t worry we have eased the task for you. After analysing Bet 365 odds we have selected best choices for captain in this match and those choices are –
1. Kevin de Bruyne
2. Raheem Sterling
3. Gabriel Jesus
Players You Can Avoid In Grand League
You might have noticed that the team which wins grand league has some big players missing. After analysing Bet 365 odds we have shortlisted few players to whom you can avoid in grand league and those players are –
1. Riyad Mahrez
2. Phil Foden
3. Adrian Mariappa
4. Will Hughes
Watford Vs Manchester City Match Facts
👉 Manchester City have won previous 8 matches against Watford.
👉 Watford have scored in nine of their last 10 Premier League matches at Vicarage Road.
👉 Watford biggest ever home defeat ( 0-6 in September 2017 ) and biggest ever overall league defeat ( 0-8 in September 2019 ) have come against Manchester City.
👉 Manchester City haven’t lost their final away game of a Premier League season since 2008-09 ( 1-2 Vs Tottenham Hotspur ), winning eight and drawing two of their such matches since.
👉 Manchester City’s Raheem Sterling has been involved in nine goals in his last five matches against Watford in all competitions ( 7 goals, 2 assists ).
Watford Vs Manchester City Odds Comparison Case Study
Watford are currently placed at 8.50. If we calculate the winning percentage of Watford at these odds then it comes out to be 11.76 percent.
On the other hand Manchester City are currently placed at 1.33. If we calculate the winning percentage of Manchester City at these odds then it comes out to be 75.18 percent. But recent studies shows that when a team is placed at such odds then it actually wins 74 percent of its matches.
Player Passes – Based On Bet 365
Here is the list of players and their estimated pass number that they can get in this entire match.
1. Aymeric Laporte – 93 total passes
2. Nicolas Otamendi – 89 total passes
3. Craig Dawson – 25 passes
4. Craig Cathcart – 24 total passes
Watford Vs Manchester City Dream11 Team For Small League
Join Our Dream11 Prediction Telegram Channel For Updates – @freeteams4d11
Disclaimer – We have created this team based on our own instincts and analysis. Make necessary changes in your final Dream11 team once the lineup is announced. Read our preview and try to make your own Dream11 team.
Leave a Reply