Borussia Monchengladbach will be hoping to secure Champions League spot when they meet Wolfsburg on Tuesday. They seem to have lost their track after consecutive defeats but they have the chance to regain winning momentum when they face lower ranked Wolfsburg. Borussia Monchengladbach lost to Freiburg, having being reduced to 10 men before the game was about to finish.
Their key striker Alassane Plea will return to the field after being suspended in their last encounter which will definitely boost their team strength when they host Wolfsburg at North Rhine Westphalia, where they have been difficult to beat this season. Borussia Monchengladbach have won 10 of their 15 home games which included victory over Bundesliga Giants Bayern Munich. Apart from this Monchengladbach have failed to score only once in their den so it will be very difficult for the visitors to stop Monchengladbach.
Wolfsburg on the other hand have had decent performances this season especially when it comes to away games. They have won 8 matches away from their home this season so far. We should not forget the matter of fact that Wolfsburg have easily allowed other teams to score and their recent form is also a concern. Their game against Freiburg is the perfect example for this, where they ended on 2-2 draw after leading with 2-0.
Borussia Monchengladbach have also conceded in each of their last 6 victories so it is expected that Wolfsburg will find the net in this game especially when they got striker like Weghorst who has managed to score in 3 goals in his last two matches. Three of the last four games of Wolfsburg have witnessed goals over 2.5.
Venue – Borussia Park
Date – 16 June 2020
Timings – 10:00 PM ( IST )
League – Bundesliga ( Round 32 )
Where To Watch
Star Sport Select 1
Star Sports 1
Star Sports Select HD1
Recent Form Of Both Teams
Borussia Monchengladbach – L D W L L
Wolfsburg – L W L W D
– Denis Zakaria is expected to join the team in late June 2020.
– Fabian Johnson is doubtful for this match.
– Marcus Thuram will be available after few weeks as he hasn’t fully recovered from his ankle injury.
– Raffael is doubtful for this match.
– Ramy Bensebaini is suspended for this match.
– Admir Mehmedi is expected to join the training in mid August 2020.
– Ignacio Camacho is expected to fir by early August 2020.
– Paulo Otavio will be available by late June 2020.
– William is expected to recover from his cruciate ligament injury by early October 2020.
Probable Lineup For Borussia Monchengladbach ( 4-2-3-1 )
Yann Sommer ; Stefan Lainer, Nico Elvedi, Matthias Ginter, Oscar Wendt ; Florian Neuhaus, Christoph Kramer ; Lars Stindl, Jonas Hofmann, Patrick Herrmann ; Alassane Plea.
Probable Lineup For Wolfsburg
( 4-4-1-1 )
Koen Casteels ; Jérome Roussillon, John Anthony Brooks, Marin Pongracic, Kevin Mbabu ; Xaver Schlager, Yannick Gerhardt, Maximilian Arnold, Renato Steffen ; Josip Brekalo ; Wout Weghorst.
Key Players For Dream11 Prediction
1. Patrick Herrmann – 29 years old German winger has played 24 matches for Borussia Monchengladbach so far where he was able to found the net on 5 occasions and assisted 6 times.
2. Wout Weghorst – The centre forward has featured in 29 games for Wolfsburg where he managed to score 14 goals along with three assists.
3. Florian Neuhaus – 23 years old central defensive mid fielder has played 27 games for far for Borussia Monchengladbach where he managed to score 4 goals and assisted twice.
4. Maximilian Arnold – The German central midfielder has played 30 games for Wolfsburg where he managed to score 4 goals and assisted 8 times.
Borussia Monchengladbach Vs Wolfsburg Match Facts
👉 Wolfsburg have not lost to Borussia Monchengladbach in their last three games.
👉 If Wolfsburg are able to register a win in this game then they could win three consecutive games against Monchengladbach in Bundesliga for the first time.
👉 Borussia Monchengladbach have won just one of their last 8 games against Wolfsburg in Bundesliga.
👉 Borussia Monchengladbach have scored in each of their last 14 homes games in Bundesliga.
👉 Wolfsburg have won five of their last 6 away games in Bundesliga while they managed a draw on one occasion.
👉 Borussia Monchengladbach have lost 56 percent of their games against Wolfsburg in Bundesliga.
Borussia Monchengladbach Vs Wolfsburg Odds Comparison
Borussia Monchengladbach are currently placed at 2.20. If we calculate winning percentage with these odds then it comes out to be 45.45 percent. But recent studies shows that a team with these odds actually wins 41 percent of its matches.
Wolfsburg are currently placed at 3.10. If we calculate winning percentage of Wolfsburg with these odds then it comes out to be 32.25 percent. But recent studies shows that a team placed with these odds actually wins 49 percent of its matches.
Borussia Monchengladbach Vs Wolfsburg Match Winner Prediction
If we look at Bet365 full time result odds then Monchengladbach is placed at 2.15, a draw is at 3.60 and away winner that is Wolfsburg is placed at 3.20. But our calculation shows that actually should be like 2.00( Monchengladbach) 7.50( draw) 2.50 ( Wolfsburg ).
Hence we are backing Monchengladbach to register a win in this match.
Borussia Monchengladbach Vs Wolfsburg Dream11 Team
Disclaimer – We have created this team based on our own instincts and analysis. Make necessary changes in your final Dream11 team once the lineup is announced. Read our preview and try to make your own Dream11 team.