After claiming Bundesliga title and Champions league spot all secured, Borussia Dortmund took Mainz lightly and faced a 2-0 defeat at home in their last game. This should be a wake up call for them and we are expecting them to play as per their reputation when they travel to Red Bull Arena. They did won their last five away matches but we should not forget the matter of fact that Leipzig have drawn 8 of their 9 matches against top 6 teams in points table this season so far. It may not be as easy for the visitors to grab points against team like Leipzig.
On the other hand RB Leipzig also suffered on Wednesday after conceding two goals, one in 87th minutes and another in injury time against Fortuna Dusseldorf which left them on a 2-2 draw. The last game between these two top sides witnessed a 3-3 draw back in December. They are just three points behind the yellow blacks when we look at points table so pretty exciting game is on the cards.
With the strikers like Timo Werner, Erling Haaland, both teams should be able to find the net in this clash. Leipzig have only managed two cleans sheets at home this season and that too against weaker sides like Werder Bremen and Mainz. Dortmund have managed to score 36 goals in 16 matches that they have played away from home.
Venue – Red Bull Arena
Date – 20 June 2020
Timings – 7:00 PM ( IST )
League – Bundesliga ( Round 33 )
Where To Watch
Star Sports Select 2
Star Sports Select HD2
Recent Form Of Both Teams
Borussia Dortmund – L W W W L
RB Leipzig – D W D W D
– Ethan Ampadu is back in training.
– Fabrice Hartmann will be able to join the team by mid December 2020.
– Hannes Wolf is expected to be fit by mid July 2020 from his ankle injury.
– Yussuf Poulsen is expected to be by late August 2020 from his ligament injury.
– Dan-Axel Zagadou is expected to recover from his knee injury by late June 2020.
– Mahmoud Dahoud is expected to recover from his knee injury by early July 2020.
– Manuel Akanji is sidelined for few weeks as he is struggling with his muscle injury.
– Marco Reus is doubtful for this match.
– Mario Götze is doubtful for this match due to personal reason.
– Thomas Delany is expected to be back after few weeks.
– Achraf Hakimi is suspended for this match.
Probable Lineup For Borussia Dortmund
( 3-4-2-1 )
Roman Bürki ; Emre Can, Mat Hummels, Lukas Piszczek ; Raphael Guerrero, Alex Witsel, Julian Brandt, Mateu Morey ; Thorgan Hazard, Jadon Sancho ; Erling Braut Håland.
Probable Lineup For RB Leipzig
( 3-4-2-1 )
Péter Gulásci ; Lukas Klostermann, Dayot Upamecano, Marcel Halstenberg ; Nordi Mukiele, Marcel Sabitzer, Konrad Laimer, Angelino ; Daniel Olmo, Timo Werner ; Patrick Schick.
Borussia Dortmund vs RB Leipzig Key Players For Dream11 Prediction
1. Timo Werner – 24 years old German centre forward has played 32 matches so far where he ended up scoring 26 goals along with 8 assists. His consistent goal scoring ability made Chelsea to bid on him. Apart from this he has been named Player of the match 10 times in this season so far.
2. Jadon Sancho – 20 years old English has played 30 matches for Borussia Dortmund so far this season where he ended up scoring 17 goals along with 16 assists.
3. Marcel Sabitzer – In total of 31 matches he has spent 2468 minutes on the field. He has scored 9 goals along with 7 assists for his team.
4. Raphael Guerrero – Portuguese left mid mid-fielder has played 27 matches for Dortmund this season where he scored 8 goals along with 2 assists.
Who Should Be Captain In Borussia Dortmund Vs RB Leipzig Dream11 Today?
After analysing Bet365 odds we have picked best choices for Captain in this match and they are
1. Jadon Sancho
2. Thorgan Hazard
3. Julien Brandt
4. Daniel Olmo
Big Players You Can Avoid In Grand League
1. Timo Werner
2. Marcel Sabitzer
Borussia Dortmund vs RB Leipzig Match Facts
👉 Borussia Dortmund haven’t lost to RB in their last 4 matches ( Won 2 Drawn 2 ).
👉 RB Leipzig have not lost in their last 13 Bundesliga games.
👉 RB Leipzig have only registered win in one of their last 7 Bundesliga home games.
👉 In their last three games RB Leipzig have been forced to share points after taking a consolidated lead in the matches.
Borussia Dortmund vs RB Leipzig Odds Comparison Case Study
Borussia Dortmund are currently placed at 2.90. If we calculate the winning percentage of Dortmund with these odds then it comes to be 34.48 percent. But recent studies shows that team placed with these odds actually wins 74 percent of its matches.
On the other hand RB Leipzig are currently placed at 2.25. If we calculate the winning percentage of Leipzig with these odds then it comes out to be 44.44 percent. But recent studies shows that team placed with these odds actually wins 66 percent of its matches.
Borussia Dortmund vs RB Leipzig Grand league team
Disclaimer – We have created this team based on our own instincts and analysis. Make necessary changes in your final Dream11 team once the lineup is announced. Read our preview and try to make your own Dream11 team.