Former champions Manchester City will host Newcastle United at Etihad Stadium on July 8. Manchester City are currently placed second with 66 points in 33 matches whereas Newcastle United are currently placed on 12th position with 43 points in same number of matches.
Manchester City’s 2019-20 Premier League season has been full of frustration and inconsistency on several occasions. On July 2 they were completely outclassed by newly crowned Champions by 4-0 at Etihad Stadium but they dramatically lost to Southampton by 1-0 just three days later. It was a combination of bad luck, impressive goal keeping, poor finishing which led them to 1-0 loss at Southampton.
It was Manchester City’s ninth loss of this season. Away from home it was their seventh defeat in 17 league assignments since August.
On the other hand Newcastle United played a 2-2 draw against West Ham United recently on Sunday. For the Magpies it was Jonjo Shelvey whose strike in 67th minute levelled the score. Miguel Almiron netted earlier in 17th minute of the game. Newcastle United extended their unbeaten run to six matches in Premier League after this draw.
Manchester City are averaging 3.0 goals per game at Etihad Stadium in last 8 matches across all competitions, so over 2.5 goals in this fixture seems to be a favourable bet. With just two wins from 8 away matches, Newcastle are least expected to grab any points at Manchester.
Venue – Etihad Stadium
Date – 8 July 2020
Timings – 10:30 PM ( IST )
League – Premier League ( Round 34 )
Referee – Andrew Madley
Manchester City Vs Newcastle United Head To Head Record ( In last 20 matches )
In last 20 matches that have been played between these two sides, Manchester City have won 16 times whereas Magpies have tasted success just twice, the other two games resulted in a draw.
Recent Form Of Both Teams ( In last 5 games )
Manchester City – W L W W L
Newcastle United – W D L W D
– Sergio Agüero is expected to be fit from knee injury by late August 2020.
– Zackary Thomas Steffen is expected to recover from ligament injury by late July 2020.
– Allan Saint – Maximin is a doubtful for this match.
– Ciaran Clark is expected to recover from ankle injury by late August 2020.
– Florian Lejeune will be fit by early August 2020 from thigh injury.
– Isaac Hayden will be out of action till late July 2020 as he has not yet fully recovered from hamstring injury.
– Sean Longstaff is expected to recover from hamstring injury by late July 2020.
Probable Lineup For Manchester City
( 4-3-3 )
Ederson Moraes ; Kyle Walker, Nicolas Otamendi, Fernandinho, Benjamin Mendy ; Kevin De Bruyne, Rodri, David Silva ; Riyad Mahrez, Raheem Sterling, Phil Foden.
Probable Lineup For Newcastle United
( 4-2-3-1 )
Martin Dubravka ; Javier Manquillo, Jamaal Lascelles, Federico Fernández, Emil Krafth ; Jonjo Shelvey, Nabil Bentaleb ; Matt Ritchie, Miguel Almiron, Valentino Lazaro ; Dwight Gayle.
Key Players For Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction In Small League
1. Riyad Mahrez – Argentine winger has featured in 28 matches where he ended up scoring 9 goals and assisted 8 times.
2. Kevin De Bruyne – 29 years old Belgian central midfielder is one of the best mid-fielder in current era of Premier League. In 31 matches he has scored 11 goals and assisted 17 times with 1357 accurate passes so far.
3. Jonjo Shelvey – 28 years old central English mid fielder is a play maker in Newcastle United. Recently his strike against West Ham shows his worth. In 20 Premier League games he has scored 6 goals and assisted once.
4. Fernandinho – Brazilian centre back has played 27 matches for the Citizens in Premier League so far. He has 31 successful tackles, 77 clearances, 23 interceptions to his name.
Who Should Be Captain In Manchester City Vs Newcastle United Dream11 Today?
Choosing right captain is always a cause of concern for Dream11 fantasy players but don’t worry we have eased this task for you. We have analysed Bet 365 odds in order to provide you best choices for captain in this match and those choices are –
1. Kevin de Bruyne
2. Riyad Mahrez
3. Phil Foden
Players You Can Avoid In Grand League
You might have noticed that the team which wins grand league has some big players missing. After analysing Bet 365 odds we have selected some played to whom you can avoid in grand league and those players are
1. Matt Ritchie
2. Jonjo Shelvey
Manchester City Vs Newcastle United Match Facts
👉 Manchester City are unbeaten in their last 15 home games that they have played against Newcastle United.
👉 Newcastle United are unbeaten in their last two Premier League games against Manchester City.
👉 Manchester City have won their last 4 home Premier League games by an aggregate score of 14-0.
👉 Manchester City’s Kevin De Bruyne has been directly involved in 28 goals in 28 Premier League starts this season ( 11 goals, 17 assists ).
Manchester City Vs Newcastle United Odds Comparison Case Study
Manchester City are currently placed at 1.12. If we calculate the winning percentage of Manchester City at these odds then it comes out to be 89.28 percent. But recent studies shows that when a team is placed at these odds then it actually wins 86 percent of its matches.
On the other hand Newcastle United are currently placed at 21.00. If we calculate the winning percentage of Newcastle United at these odds then it comes out to be 4.76 percent.
Manchester City Vs Newcastle United Dream11 Team
Join Our Dream11 Prediction Telegram Channel For Updates – @freeteams4d11
Disclaimer – We have created this team based on our own instincts and analysis. Make necessary changes in your final Dream11 team once the lineup is announced. Read our preview and try to make your own Dream11 team.